by Heather R. Darsie
Tradition has held for the last couple hundred years or so that Anna of Cleves, fourth wife to Henry VIII of England, was born 22 September 1515. No proof has ever been put forward to support that date. However, primary source exists which shows Anna’s date of birth as 28 June 1515, making her exactly twenty-four years younger than Henry VIII. To learn more about Anna’s true date of birth and early years, please click here.
Love learning about the Queens of England? Are you interested in Tudor history or Women’s history? Then check out my book, Anna, Duchess of Cleves: The King’s ‘Beloved Sister’, a new biography about Anne of Cleves told from the German perspective!
Please check out my new podcast, Tudor Speeches.
You Might Also Like
- Anna of Cleves Learns her Marriage is Annulled
- Anna of Cleves Breaks the News to Wilhelm
- Wilhelm V, Anna of Cleves’ Brother
- Happy 504th Birthday, Anna of Cleves!
- Elector Johann Friedrich: Anna of Cleves’ Powerful Brother-in-Law